The East St. Paul Curling Club was incorporated in 1958 by a dedicated group of local citizens with only three sheets of ice in use. Over the years, with the help of municipal councils, there have been many changes to the facility. We have gone from natural ice to artificial ice and from incandescent lighting to fluorescent lighting. In recent years we have added new club rooms (1986), a six sheet curling rink (1989), and additions and renovations to the club rooms (1998).
We presently enjoy a top class facility, second to none in this province. In recent years the club has hosted some high profile Manitoba curling events such as the Provincial Men's and Women's Junior Championships in 1997, the Provincial Scott Tournament of Hearts in 1999, the Provincial Senior Men's Championship in 2002 and the Dominion Provincial Championship in 2014. We were also hosts for the Canadian Senior Men's and Women's Championship in 2005.
The club has a strong membership which turns out in force to volunteer assistance when it is needed to host these kind of events.